About the Role
This role will assist in the operation and supervision at the swimming centres. A maximum of 38 hours per week may be available for the right applicants.
Successful applicants must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
This position attracts a salary range between $30.83 and $31.93 per hour plus pro rata, leave entitlements and penalty allowances where applicable. Award increases will apply from the first full pay period in July 2020.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Hold a current Pool Lifeguard Licence and Senior First Aid Certificate
- Sound knowledge of WHS in a pool environment;
- Previous experience in pool operations and staff supervision;
- Cash reconciliation and customer service skills.
- A cleared Working with Children Check (Applicants 18 years or older)
- Aquatic Technical Operator Skill Set (SISSS00110)
Employment over the summer at Wingecarribee Shire Swimming Centres can be a rewarding experience offering excellent employment conditions, on-the-job training and flexible working hours. Summer employment at the pools can be a valuable starting point for a career in sport and recreation, provide useful experience for those new to the workforce or can simply be a great way to earn money over the summer. Applicants must be prepared to work at Council's three Swimming Centres located at Bowral, Mittagong and Bundanoon.
How to Apply
Before you begin it is important to have completed the following steps. All links can be found on Councils Job Advert Page:
- Have your current resume and address details
- Have downloaded and answered the following 'Selection Criteria Questions' and have the document ready to upload
- Have read both the 'Position Description' and 'Seasonal Employment Brochure' listed below
Once ready click the 'Apply Now' button below to begin your online application
Note: Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Laura Hill, Supervisor Pools and Facilities on (02) 4868 0885.
Sunday 12 July 2020