Permanent Part Time 20 hour position
Permanent Part Time 25 hour position
THE POSITION: The Fairfield City Swim Academy is seeking a self-motivated and proactive individual to join its innovative team in the position of Learn to Swim Instructor. Swim Instructors are required to work at Prairiewood, Fairfield and Cabravale Leisure Centres.
Instructors are responsible for general administration duties and the programming, supervision and instruction of varying levels of swimming lessons including liaison with customers, which includes learn to swim participants, school groups and pool party participants.
You will be required to display and maintain a high standard of professional application towards the position and maintenance and supervision of the swimming equipment is expected.
ESSENTIAL: Current Teacher of Water Safety AUSTSWIM Certificate and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate. When applying for the position it is necessary to describe the level of knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required for the position.
DESIRABLE: Drivers Licence Class 1A; Senior First Aid Certificate; additional AUSTWIM certificates (eg. Infants aquatics, Access and Inclusion, Competitive Strokes) and experience in similar Aquatic or Leisure centre environment. Describe additional knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience that would be beneficial to the position.
SALARY/ EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent Part time positions minimum 20hrs and 25hrs per week.
- The permanent part time positions is Pay point Entry level of grade one.
- The commencing salary for 20hours is $26,684 with a progression to $31,236pa with demonstrated competencies.
- The commencing salary for 25 hours $33,355 with a progression to $39,045pa with demonstrated competencies.
- Weekend penalty rates apply
- Uniform provided
- Hours of Work: between 5am to 11pm Monday to Sunday. However, commencing and finishing times will be flexible and will depend on operational needs.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 28 February 2020.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. Applications addressed to Shirley Bernoth, Aquatic Services Planner Leisure Centres and forwarded to the Records Management Branch Mail@fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au and select Career Opportunities.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860