This newly created position will be based in Council's Cudal Office and will report directly to the Operations Manager (Urban Services & Utilities) The position is full time with a salary range of $79k to $83K exclusive of superannuation. This position has a leaseback vehicle attached to it with full private usage. Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Council's Operations Manager, Urban Services & Utilities, Michelle Murphy on 63907122.
The main duties associated with this role are;
- Provide technical and organisational coordination of the water and wastewater operations to achieve Council’s operational and maintenance requirements and meeting health and environmental regulations and compliance requirements
- Review and improve the operations and maintenance activities through a process of monitoring, benchmarking, and developing and implementing improvements.
- Coordinate investigations, design and project management of water and waste water related projects.
- Promptly respond to and manage identified problems and/or non-conformance issues.
- Work together with the Water and Sewer teams to coordinate water and wastewater operations objectives, resources, budgets and outcomes.
- Set and manage operational expectations with team members, contractors and stakeholders, and delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and manage team members and contractors to ensure positive actions, focus and accountability and achievement with agreed performance standards.
- Provide professional and timely advice to management, staff and the public with respect to water and wastewater design and specification and other matters.
- Prepare, monitor and report on expenditure /progress against budgets and report any issues of concern.
- Maintain documentation and reporting relating to legislative, regulatory and environmental requirements (eg EPA. Water NSW)
- Contribute relevant input to Council reports and documents including collecting and reporting on indicators outlined in Council’s Community Strategic Planning documents and prepare reports to Council to enable effective decision making.
- Record, process and respond to verbal and written customer enquiries and complaints including ensuring customer service requests are followed through and the actions and outcomes are adequately documented with electronic notes within Council’s records system.
- Liaise with government departments, authorities and instrumentalities with regard to Council meeting its obligations and providing input to various policy and regulatory documents.
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Relevant qualifications in Water and Sewer Operation and 2-5 years experience in similar role/field
- Class C driver’s licence.
- Construction Induction Certification (White Card).
- Proven experience and knowledge in water and waste water systems.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in maintenance and asset management systems and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of operational and strategic planning for water and wastewater.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in project management, financial management and overseeing contractors.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective manager of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated high-level communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to negotiate and consult on complex matters and provide technical leadership, advice and services.
- Competent computer skills in Word, Excel and Access and Project.
- Proven analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills with demonstrated initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to provide a demonstrated high level service to external and internal customers.
- Leads by example and encourages their team to strive to exceed expectations.
- Displays humbleness via putting 'We' before 'I', showing trust and gives empowerment to their team, listens, shares and promotes openness in team communication.
- Displays the ability to define expectations, assess performance & hold direct reports accountable.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively delegate to direct reports, encourage ownership & regularly follows up and gives feedback.
- Demonstrates the willingness & ability to coach and develop direct reports
To start your application, please visit Council's website at www.cabonne.nsw.gov.au