Plant and Vehicle Mechanic
Permanent | Fulltime
Salary from $1,277 up to $1,482 per week plus superannuation
(Depending upon qualifications and experience)
Recruitment No 19123R
Are you an experienced qualified Heavy Vehicle and/or Plant Mechanic ready take on your next challenge?
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Plant and Heavy Vehicle Mechanic to join our team. You will contribute to the delivery of quality mechanical support services to customers and their assets, including plant, equipment, transport and buildings in a commercially competitive environment.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Tradeperson’s Certificate as a Heavy Vehicle and/or Plant Mechanic.
- A current MR licence and NSW Motor Vehicle Repairer’s Licence.
- Experience and a high level of technical skill in the maintenance of vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Commitment to safety including following WHS systems, policies and procedures in the workplace.
- Self-motivated and a strong team work ethic.
This position is physically demanding and you must be capable of undertaking the duties associated with the role as described in the job description. You will also need to be available to work flexible hours including shift work and on-call for emergency and programmed maintenance.
Benefits of working at Wollongong Council:
We have a culture based on core values of Intergity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development.
- We encourage personal and professional growth.
- We understand the importance of work/life balance.
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change.
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all.
- We offer a varied lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts.
How to Apply
For this role, you are required to address the selection criteria in a separate written document and attach to your application.
Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
For further information regarding this position contact Richard Halilovic, Fleet Maintenance Mechanical Coordinator on (02) 4227 8588 or visit our website
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close at 12 midday on Monday 24 February 2020
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.