Wollongong City Council offers not only jobs but careers. If you are looking for a career with a variety of opportunities, the chance to make a difference and add value to the community, we have a lot to offer!
Community Development + Engagement Manager
Permanent | Full Time
Salary from $119,084 per annum plus superannuation
and option of a motor vehicle equalisation allowance
or a lease for private use of a motor vehicle
Recruitment No 20012
We are a vibrant coastal city
- We are located an hour south of Sydney including its international airport and are globally connected
- We are the cultural heart of our region with an enviable lifestyle where you will enjoy improved work-life balance
- Our community loves living here and are interested in the environment and future of our city
- We are the base of an industry-focussed global university and have impressive education and health system
Our economy continues to grow
- Wollongong is the regional capital and employment centre of the Illawarra, and currently experiencing an ongoing transformation, with a focus on the knowledge economy.
- Wollongong’s economy is worth approximately $11 billion and accounts for 58% of all economic activity in the Illawarra LGA
- Wollongong has attracted $1.4 billion in investment into the city centre in the last six years.
This position leads the Community Development and Engagement Business unit within the Community Cultural and Economic Development Division of Council. Working closely with the Divisional Management Team and other internal and external stakeholders, the position plays an integral role in ensuring Council is creative and innovative in its approach to providing community programs and development.
The primary purpose of the position is to develop strategy to enhance our community‘s quality of life through the preparation and undertaking of social research, social planning, community development and engagement and ensuring Council’s services and facilities are equitable and available to the whole community as outlined in the Community Strategic Plan. Critical to the success of the role is the ongoing strategic consultation with local communities, businesses and government agencies so that their views and expectations are considered fully in Council decision making.
We are looking for an experienced and career minded professional who has:
- A creative and innovative approach
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to drive team performance
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to engage across all levels of the business
This position provides you with the opportunity to grow and expand your skills and experience within a challenging and changing work environment.
How to Apply
For this role, you are required to address the selection criteria outlined in the Information Pack in a separate written document and attach to your application. Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
For further information regarding this position contact Sue Savage, Manager Community Cultural and Economic Development on (02) 4227 7237. Enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 12 midday Monday 24 February 2020.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.