About the Role
The Infrastructure Services Branch is currently seeking an enthusiastic professional for the role of Tree & Vegetation Maintenance Officer - Open Spaces. This position is responsible for the maintenance of Council trees on urban and rural roads, parks, and open spaces. A high level of customer service and public contact is involved requiring excellent communication, report writing skills, mediation and customer focus is integral to the position.
The salary range for this position is $65k to $75k dependent on skills, experience and qualifications.
In addition to relevant experience and qualifications in horticulture (Arboriculture), the successful applicant will be a self-motivated, team player with communication and interpersonal skills.
More specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering quality tree management maintenance services.
- Managing trees on public land in accordance with tree management plans.
- Coordinating the planning, development and implementation of tree maintenance activities throughout the LGA.
- Minimising Council's exposure to public liability claims by managing risk in Council managed parks & open spaces, roadside vegetation, and other ancillary services.
- Ensuring safe practices and appropriate tree management techniques are used.
- Working within Councils adopted and practised arboriculture procedures.
Located in the Southern Highlands, Wingecarribee Shire Council is within comfortable travelling distance of Sydney, Canberra, the South Coast and the Illawarra. With four distinct and stunning seasons combined with glorious countryside rich in biodiversity and appeal, it's an enviable lifestyle location. For further information on the Southern Highland attractions please Click Here
How to Apply
Click on 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the selection criteria as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applications not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
Intending applicants are advised to read Council's Recruitment Information Package before submitting their online application.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Charlene Ferguson, Tree and Vegetation Management Officer on (02) 4868 0515.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Sunday 16 February 2019
Click here to download the Position Description.