- Salary from $52,849 to $61,832 + super + applicable penalty rates
- Fortnightly time in lieu day off + 5 weeks paid annual leave
- Collaborative and diverse role, situated along the harbour side
Woollahra Council is looking to appoint two permanent full time Parking Enforcement Officers to join our growing Regulatory team!
As a Parking Enforcement Officer, reporting to the Team Leader, you will work in pairs and patrol the prime surrounds of the Woollahra Municipality. You will provide information to our customers and generally build positive relations with our community.
You will be responsible for enforcing a variety of laws relating to:
- time-limited parking in business centres
- stopping and parking contrary to notices
- on-street parking restrictions in residential parking scheme areas
- parking and traffic arrangements for special events
- school safety as well as accurately recording and gathering information for detected offences.
In order to succeed in this role, it is desirable that you come with previous experience, however training will be provided to inexperienced applicants with the right attitude. You will demonstrate excellent Customer Service skills, keep calm under pressure, have a strong work ethic and enjoy being in the outdoors.
Successful applicants will be required to work a 14-day roster which will include every second weekend and at least one afternoon shift per week (penalty rates for weekend and overtime will apply). In return, you will be entitled to a fortnightly time in lieu day off and 5 weeks annual leave.
Please note, employment in this position is subject to a Police Check for criminal history and a pre-employment medical examination.
- Current Class C drivers licence
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and see tasks through to completion
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Proven experience in and commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated ability to communicate calmly and effectively with a diverse range of people
- Capable of working within in the physical requirements of the position
- Understanding of EEO and WH&S principles
- Commitment to Woollahra Council’s values
- Comprehensive relevant and practical experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of/experience in State or Local Government
- Completion of the Council Law Enforcement Officers Course
- Senior First Aid Certificate
How to Apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Suzy Rich, Regulatory Team Leader on (02) 9391 7947 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight Wednesday, 5th February 2020
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication