West Tamar Council comprises a premier wine and lifestyle region on the back of the Tamar River. We have a current population of 22,740 and a range of areas from one of Tasmania’s fastest growing towns, Legana, to stunning beaches and communities such as Badgers Head, Kelso and Clarence Point. We adjoin our regional centre, City of Launceston and have a strong economy and building industry.
Council seek the services of a Project Delivery Coordinator within Council.
The Project Delivery Coordinator will provide high quality project management and specialist professional and technical services in leading the delivery of infrastructure projects including those involving:
- Roads and associated infrastructure;
- Urban, recreational and sport spaces;
- Reserves and foreshore developments;
- Public and Council occupied buildings.
The successful candidate will need to satisfy the following selection criteria:
- A demonstrated ability to lead project teams in project delivery including the ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Extensive project management and project planning experience demonstrating capacity to prepare project briefs, business cases, feasibility studies and project plans
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of contract preparation and management including the review of contractual obligations and ensuring contract compliance.
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and demonstrated ability to build networks and sustain collaborative working relationships with key-stakeholders.
- High level communication skills including analytical reports and presentations and demonstrated ability in the use of relevant computer applications and information systems.
- Sound knowledge of relevant State and local government legislation and policy.
- Post graduate qualifications in Project Management and or relevant experience.
- Current drivers licence and police check.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your covering letter, selection criteria and resume via: www.wtc.tas.gov.au