THE POSITION: We are seeking the services of an experienced Accounts Payable Team Leader to maintain an effective service while proactively leading the team and ensuring that there are adequate processes and procedures to enable effective and efficient supplier ledger integrity, including appropriate coding of expenses, efficient processing of payments and minimising Council’s risk of fraud. The position will promote a customer focused team culture as well as continuously improve work practices and work collaboratively with internal customers on problem resolution.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in leadership, development and management of people and resource planning.
- Experience in all facets of Accounts Payable including Corporate Purchasing Cards, expense management.
- Proven experience with large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) with a preference for Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Experience in reconciliation of high volume transaction accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to apply initiative to problem solve issues encountered daily through management and coordination to determine and implement an appropriate course of action
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 5; salary range is $73,514 p.a. with progression to $81,145 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $86,113 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available.
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to James D’Cunha (Human Resources Business Partner) on 9725 0896
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 20 January 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
This position was previously advertised. Previous applicants need not reapply.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860