Division: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICE
Unit: STRATEGY & URBAN ANALYTICS
Salary: AUD 81,696.00 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Term Contract up to 20 December 2021
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
In this role you will provide high quality executive support to the Executive Manager - Strategy and Communications and business support to the wider Strategy & Urban Analytics team and other teams within the division as required. In particular this role requires competence in Technology 1 and providing financial administration management.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to:
- manage a demanding and reactive workload for Strategy & Urban Analytics
- provide high quality and professional administrative assistance
- provide financial and budget administration including the creation and update of purchase orders
- verifying and paying of approved invoices and creating and lodging financial reports and returns as necessary to meet the division's obligations and as required by the City's policies and procedures
- coordinate the division's activities including diary and email management where necessary
- assist and support the team with project research and investigation as well as maintaining process documentation
- assist in the development of business plans, business requirements and specifications
- be proficient in reporting administration.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate capability in:
- strong organisational skills and time management skills
- sound knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products and databases
- clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- attention to detail.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a national criminal check and pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Monday 20 January 2020.
For further information contact: Sarah Breavington, Manager Social Strategy on 02 9246 7394.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.