Salary from $73,514 per annum plus superannuation
Temporary full-time from February – November 2020
Temporary Part Time – (14 hours per week) 12 months from March 2020
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups and early intervention services and family support. Strong networking opportunities and support exists for staff who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skills development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for directors, study support including study leave and reimbursement secondments across the services. Comprehensive training plans to suit individuals are also available, as is consistent support from the Manager.
THE POSITION: We are seeking to employ 2 enthusiastic Occupational Therapists to join our Fairstart Early Intervention team at Greenfield Park. Fairstart Early Intervention is a registered provider for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, and Helping Children with Autism, and Better Start programs This position requires applicants to deliver individual and group sessions to young children with moderate to severe developmental delay and or disabilities..
- Bachelor of Applied Science – Occupational Therapy, or equivalent. With eligibility for membership of AHPRA
- Clinical experience working with young children with development delay
- Experience working with young children with additional needs in an inclusive early learning setting
- Experience in administering formal and standardised assessment
- Experience in implementing sound evidence based therapy techniques within and across a diverse range of disorders
- Current working with children check
- Drivers License
- Experience working with interpreters and clients of CALD background
- Experience in implementing and monitoring individual plans developed through a collaborative family centred approach with families, services and staff
- Preferred experience in sensory processing
Applications close on 19 January 2020
For further information, please contact Children and Family Services on 9725 0393.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860