- Salary from $76,744 to $89,779 per annum plus super
- Permanent full time position - Monday to Friday with a fortnightly RDO
- Learning and development opportunities!
Woollahra Council has an exciting and rare opportunity available for an experienced Building and Compliance Officer to join our compliance team located at Council Chambers in Double Bay.
As a Building and Compliance Officer, you will join a close knit and collaborative team of Compliance professionals who's mission is to protect the health and safety of the community, by ensuring compliance with relevant building and environmental Acts and Regulations.
You will be responsible for the management and asessment of Complying Developments and Part 6 Certificate Applications and providing Principal Certifying Services to customers involved in building construction. Your excellent communication and time management skills will be essential in this role to be able to investigate and report on compliance related issues in a timely manner.
Woollahra Council offers continued learning and development opportunities for staff and encourages a flexible work/life balance with other benefits including a nine day fortnight and long service leave after 5 years.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying or one of the approved Specialty Qualifications listed in Part 1, Schedule 3 of the Building Professionals Board Accreditation Scheme
- Demonstrated knowledge & understanding of relevant building and environmental laws
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication
- Demonstrated mediation and negotiation skills
- Commitment to customer service
- Proven ability to be effective in a team environment
- Computer literacy
- Current driver's licence
- Experience as a Building Surveyor in a similar role Experience and knowledge of evidence gathering for legal proceedings
- Hold or be eligible to obtain a minimum A3 or higher accreditation pursuant to the Building Professionals Board Accreditation Scheme
- Experience assessing and determining certificates under Part 6 of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act
- Previous experience in a compliance/regulatory role
- Experience and knowledge of evidence gathering for legal proceedings
How to Apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Craig Jenner, Compliance Team Leader on 9391 7146 during business hours
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, Sunday, 8th December 2019
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication