This position will be responsible for providing specialised general advice and support on a broad range of Human Resource matters including but not limited to staff recruitment, entitlements & award interpretation, performance management, return to work coordination, industrial relations, induction, probation and training & development. It will be based at the Molong Office and report to Council's HR Manager, the salary of this role is $77K - $83K per annum exclusive of superannuation. For confidential enquiries please contact Council's HR Manager, Glenn Meehan on (02) 63923218 or 0417029152
The main duties involved in this role are;
- Effectively coordinate Council’s corporate training program in accordance with staff training plans (including the sourcing, scheduling, administering, accommodation arrangements, maintenance of records and catering).
- Effectively coordinate and administer Council’s recruitment, onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Effectively coordinating Council’s Worker’s Compensation process including management of claims and return to work coordinator functions.
- Effectively liaising with Council’s insurer, legal advisers and medical professionals and other parties as necessary with regard to management of Worker’s Compensation.
- Effectively coordinate, maintain and regularly review the staff induction and probation processes.
- Coordinate, monitor and review Council’s annual Development Appraisals process, providing effective assistance to the supervisors, managers and directors as necessary.
- Undertake the overall administration of Council’s online learning programs.
- Coordinate Council’s Alcohol and other drugs policy, including record keeping, coordinating the random, self, post incident and reasonable suspicion testing for both drugs and alcohol.
- Accurately prepare human resources related documents, correspondence, forms and reports as required
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management.
- RTW Coordinator accreditation
- Class C driver’s licence.
- Alcohol & other drugs testing accreditation (desirable)
- Previous experience with e-recruitment software and HR Management systems
- Ability to understand legislation and interpret Awards
- Ability to resolve minor grievances
- Highly developed written communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare, draft and review multifaceted letters including, preparation of employment correspondence/contracts, changes to employment arrangements and other documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills in influencing people, building effective relationships and achieving positive outcomes including the ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Experience using MS Office, particularly Word, Excel & Access
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to discern priorities, plan ahead and coordinate with other staff to complete tasks.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills