We are seeking a degree qualified individual with extensive experience in internal audit, risk management, business improvement and governance to fill a shared service position between three regional Councils - Goulburn Mulwaree, Upper Lachlan and Yass Valley.
The Role Requirements
The successful applicant must be a member, or eligible for membership, of either ICAA, CPA Australia or the IIAA. The role is required to:
- Support best practices in good governance through ensuring internal control measures are proactively and consistently documented, communicated, understood, applied and evaluated across the participating councils;
- Assist in the development and implementation of enterprise risk management policies and procedures, including the development and review of risk management frameworks which integrate risk management practices in day to day operations of the participating councils;
- Provide leadership, advice and support to governance, risk management and business improvement staff at participating councils, promoting a culture of excellence in customer service in these functions;
- Provide a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes at the participating councils;
- Manage a multi-disciplinary program of outsourced and/or co-sourced internal audits carried out in accordance with four year risk-based internal audit programs providing independent assurance and reporting directly to the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committees of the participating councils.
For more information please see the Position Description available on Yass Valley Council’s website https://www.yassvalley.nsw.gov.au/council/positions-vacant
How to apply
To apply for this role, please provide:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Role Requirements as described above (no more than 2 pages)
- Responses clearly addressing the Targeted Questions below (no more than 3 pages)
- Your CV as relevant to this role (no more than 5 pages)
- To ensure a collaborative approach to the effective planning, management and minimisation of business risk, how will you facilitate collaboration across participating councils resulting in a shared understanding of priorities?
- Can you describe your experience in managing risk-based internal audit programs and how you ensured implementation of quality assurance practices while fostering relationships with stakeholders who have competing needs and conflicting priorities?
Total remuneration package of $161,813 per annum inclusive of superannuation. A lease back vehicle is also available.
Full-time term contract to 30 June 2021.
Applications close Monday 19 August 2019 at 4.00pm.
For enquiries, contact Mark Eady, Director Finance and Corporate Services on (02) 6226 9237.