Applications are invited for the position of Asset Management Coordinator, based at Council's Administrative Centre. The successful applicant shall be responsible for the management of Council’s asset management systems, development and oversight of its asset management strategy and provision of asset management services to the Civil and Environmental Services Division.
Applicants should address the following selection criteria:
- Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- High level demonstrated knowledge and understanding of asset management planning and development of policy, strategy, processes and procedures.
- Extensive and relevant practical experience with computer systems such as record management, financial, asset, GIS and work management systems, as well as the Microsoft Office suite. Demonstrated knowledge of engineering software applications and enterprise asset management systems such as Technology One Enterprise Suite or similar.
- Extensive experience in providing sophisticated strategic advice to all asset management related queries.
- Demonstrated experience in managing / overseeing minor operational and capital works projects.
- Strong customer service skills and a demonstrated customer-centric approach to service provision.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated effectiveness to work as part of a team, with the ability to develop and maintain key relationships and collaboration across multiple stakeholders in the delivery of a whole-of-Council program.
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills and high quality interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and present information to all levels within an organisation.
- WorkCover WHS Construction Induction Training Certificate (‘White Card’).
- Successful completion of an approved course for supervisors
Suitable experience coordinating and monitoring work activities of a small team, including the ability to provide technical training and mentoring to members of the team.
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to asset management, engineering or other related discipline
- Professional engineering asset management experience in a maintenance and capital intensive industry.
- Significant working knowledge of relevant local government operations and demonstrated ability to interpret legislative requirements and understand the implications of this legislation.
- Working knowledge of the application of the Australian Accounting Standards to the management of infrastructure assets.
Employment will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Local Government (State) Award 2017. The classification for the position will be Professional/ Specialist Band 3, Level 3, Grade 16. Salary will be in accordance with qualifications and experience, and will be in a range from $1,559.90 to $1,679.70 gross per week.
Further information, including enquiries in relation to the recruitment or application process, together with a detailed Position Profile, is available by:
- Contacting Council’s Position Profile number on (02) 9990 9189 and request position number CESD:AMC:#01; or
- Go to the Council Employment Section at inverell.nsw.gov.au
Enquiries in relation to the nature of the position may be made by speaking directly with Council’s Director Civil & Environmental Services, Brett McInnes, on (02) 67288 200.
Applicants must complete and sign the cover sheet and application form, obtainable in the Position Profile or the Council employment section at www.inverell.nsw.gov.au, and attach it to the front of your application. Please ensure that you have addressed the selection criteria as listed. Applications are to be addressed to the General Manager, and will close on Monday, 21 January 2019 at 4:30pm. (No original documents please). Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free work environment.
Inverell Shire Council P J Henry
PO Box 138 General Manager