The Waste Contract and Collection Coordinator coordinates the day to day resource requirements in order to ensure efficient collection of food and garden organics, recycling and garbage across the local government area. This includes:
- Coordination of the schedule of all allocated collection trucks and cleanup contractors.
- Sourcing and supervision of required resources – plant, labour, materials.
- Contract management and coordination of services.
- Management of Councils assets including repairs and replacement of all collection assets including trucks, bins and facilities.
- Customer liaison including CRM resolution.
This position may be required to work public holidays including Christmas Day and New Years Day.
Key areas of accountability for this position include:
- Project/Program coordination
- Contract Management
- Supervise and coordinate Garbage Collection team
- Carry out works in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, and with Council's own policies and procedures
Essential Selection Criteria
- Certificate IV in Business or related discipline
- Demonstrated work related experience in waste collection or contract management.
- Demonstrated customer service focus and staff coordination and management.
- General administrative skills demonstrating a competent level of literacy and numeracy and competent computer skills with experience in email and Microsoft office programs.
- Dubbo Regional Council geographic knowledge, spatial awareness.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Previous Local Government experience.
- Technical qualifications in waste management.
- Ability to effectively contribute to staff development.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet, but not address at this stage.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $73,121-$84,977per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 5:00pm on Friday 24 August 2018
Enquiries: Manager Solid Waste - 6801 4000How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.