- Permanent position with excellent working conditions
- Join one of the most innovative Library Services in Sydney
- Exciting career opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Librarian
The City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity for an innovative, enthusiastic and customer focused Library professional to play a key role in the development and delivery of the Ryde Library Service programs.
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of a diverse and high quality suite of library programs. The primary focus of these programs will be for adults and seniors.
You will bring your significant experience to this community focused role to plan, promote and run programs and activities. This role will utilise your strong organisational, facilitation and problem solving skills. You will also manage the provision and maintenance of the Community Information Database and associated directories to ensure accuracy and high quality.
- Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in Library Science recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association and eligible for Associate Membership and/or have degree level qualifications in a related area together with significant relevant experience
- Experience in the development, delivery, and promotion of library or similar programs and activities
- Experience in the planning, promotion, delivery and evaluation of readers advisory services and programs including Author Talks
- High level customer service skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to facilitate meetings with a wide range of stakeholders, prepare and deliver presentations, and negotiate outcomes
- High level written communication skills
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for information technology and troubleshooting ability
- Current Drivers Licence
On a personal level you will need a positive, high energy approach and enjoy engaging with the local community. Previous experience leading and managing change in a library environment will be well regarded.
With a commencing salary range of $73,418 to $82,158 p.a. plus Superannuation, (note: higher rates may be payable to candidates with specific skills/experience in this area). Future salary increases based on your performance are also available and on-going training & development is a feature of working at the City of Ryde.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Interested, like to know more? Please visit the Work at Ryde website for more information or call Kathleen Allen on (02) 9952 8368 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Monday 20 August 11:30pm