- Permanent Full-Time Position, Immediate Start!
- Work in a progressive Assets team
- $71,406 - $82,831 p.a + 9.5% Super, 35 hours p/w, 19 day - 4 week cycle
About the role
Wingecarribee Shire is offering an excellent opportunity for a motivated person to join the Assets – Parks & Buildings Team within the Assets & Project Delivery Branch. Wingecarribee is experiencing progressive growth within the asset management area for associated buildings, parks and open space infrastructure and is seeking an experienced Senior Assets Officer to work in this fast-paced environment.
Within the area of responsibility, this role will be required to:
- Manage asset management system for buildings, parks and open spaces infrastructure assets.
- Assist in the development of capital works programs, asset management plans, strategies, policies and levels of service.
- Revaluation and capitalisation of assets projects associated with financial reporting.
- Undertake annual renewal of property insurance for buildings, parks and open space assets in conjunction with other relevant departments.
- Support Council’s centralised building security and CCTV systems.
- Work within Council’s safe systems of work and associated regulations.
Located in the Southern Highlands, Wingecarribee Shire Council is within comfortable travelling distance of Sydney, Canberra, the South Coast and the Illawarra. With four distinctive and stunning seasons combined with glorious countryside rich in biodiversity and appeal, it is an enviable lifestyle location.
Applications including a cover letter, resume and statement addressing both the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria are to be submitted online by visiting www.wsc.nsw.gov.au (Careers @ Council). The Selection Criteria is contained in the Position Description which you will need to download and review before submitting your application.
All documents are to be attached either as a PDF or Microsoft Office Word document. Applications not addressing both the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria may not be considered.
Applicants are advised to read Council’s Recruitment Information Package before submitting their on-line application.
The online process allows for three (3) separate items to be uploaded i.e. Resume, Covering Letter and your statement addressing the Selection Criteria.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Rachel Forte, Coordinator Assets – Parks & Buildings on (02) 4868 0893 or visit www.wsc.nsw.gov.au and click on “Careers @ Council”.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Applications close Thursday 23 August 2018.