Applications are invited for the position of Works Engineer, based at Council's Administrative Centre. The successful applicant shall be responsible to provide assistance to the Manager Civil Engineering to ensure that the Civil Engineering Branch functions are carried out in a cost efficient and operationally effective manner to achieve the Civil Engineering Branch objectives.
Applicants should address the following selection criteria:
- Completion or significant progress towards the completion of a suitable Engineering Qualification (Bachelor Technology or the like).
- Class C Drivers Licence as a minimum.
- Experience in Engineering Operations, including Construction, Maintenance, Traffic, Structure, Design and Services.
- Experience in dealing with the public.
- Good planning, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer systems including familiarity with Word, Excel and the Internet.
- Ability to work with Council, governments/ government instrumentalities, private sector, professional bodies, community groups/ community, kindred organisations and industrial bodies.
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others.
- Well developed communication skills.
- Awareness of the dynamics of a customer focused organisation.
- Work Health and Safety Induction Training for Construction Work Certificate.
Employment will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Local Government (State) Award 2014. The classification for the position will be in a range from Professional/ Specialist Band 3, Level 2, Grade 15 to Professional/ Specialist Band 3, Level 3, Grade 18. Salary will be in accordance with qualifications and experience, and will be in a range from $1,361.20 to $1,706.87 gross per week.
Further information, including enquiries in relation to the recruitment or application process, together with a detailed Position Profile, is available by:
- Contacting Council’s Position Profile number on (02) 9990 9189 and request position number CESD:CEB:WE:#03; or
- Go to the Council Employment Section at inverell.nsw.gov.au
Enquiries in relation to the nature of the position may be made by speaking directly with Council’s Manager Civil Engineering, Justin Pay, on (02) 67288 200.
Applicants must complete and sign the cover sheet and application form, obtainable in the Position Profile or the Council employment section at www.inverell.nsw.gov.au, and attach it to the front of your application. Please ensure that you have addressed the selection criteria as listed. Applications are to be addressed to the General Manager, and will close on Friday, 2nd June 2017 at 4:30pm. (No original documents please). Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free work environment.
Inverell Shire Council P J Henry
PO Box 138 General Manager