We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
The Stores Officer provides effective services to all Store and Depot users by acquiring inventory items for the Store and or services for the maintenance of the Depot. This includes storing and moving of goods either through direct ordering or through holdings of inventory and the engagement of contractors for external hire and to undertake maintenance work at the Depot.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Maintain inventory facilities
- Provide purchasing services to the organisation
- Develop strong working relationships, ensuring a customer service focus, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Stores experience with a broad knowledge of hardware lines
- Experience in the use of PC based office application software especially Microsoft applications including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of quotation and procurement procedures
- Commitment to the provision of a high standard of customer service and the supply chain
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Forklift license
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who has previous experience working in a stores environment. You will pride yourself on your customer service focus and ability to be a team player.WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $55,814-$64,865 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 25 October 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Store and Depot Coordinator - 6801 4943HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)