DIRECTOR - INFRASTRUCTURE + WORKS
Recruitment No. 21106
- Key executive leadership role
- Attractive remuneration package
- Unique opportunity to shape the City's Future Creating an Extraordinary Wollongong
At Wollongong City Council, we're passionate about creating an extraordinary Wollongong. Currently, we are in an exciting period of transformation and growth with a focus on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community. We pride ourselves on valuing and embracing diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences where people are included and feel a sense of belonging.
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, considered one of Australia's 'most liveable' regional cities that combines a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city. You can read more at our website, Invest Wollongong and Destination Wollongong
We are seeking a Director Infrastructure + Works to drive Council's capital program and manage our multi-billion asset base across a diverse portfolio that delivers excellence every day, inspires creativity while keeping a constant an eye on the future. Leading a directorate of approximately 556 staff and an annual budget/expenditure combined of approximately $250 million, this position is key to our Executive Management Team and will partner and build strong relationships with the broader leadership peer team. Specifically, you will:
- Lead an innovative, community focused planning and delivery agenda alongside a responsive capital program across the Project Delivery | City Works | Infrastructure, Strategy + Planning | Open Space + Environmental Services delivery streams.
- Build a high-performance culture that is purpose led and values based.
- Deliver effective purchasing and contract outcomes utilising prudent procurement processes
- Grow capability and capacity in our people, systems, assets and resources.
Success will be demonstrated through your credible leadership and ability to identify, initiate and implement change and improvement; champion our values and; constructively contribute to the Executive Management Team by fostering a collaborative approach to teamwork and strategic decision making.
The Director Infrastructure + Works provides a rare opportunity to play a pivotal strategic role in the creation of our City's extraordinary future.
For more on Wollongong City Council's leadership offering and information about working with Council please click here.
In responding it is recommended you consider the information provided in the Position Description (including the Capability Framework) that can be accessed here to address each of the seven essential criteria below.
- Degree qualification(s) relevant to the scope of the directorate.
- Proven executive leadership experience, including an understanding of the statutory environment, community expectations and Council / intergovernmental framework.
- Extensive experience in leading and managing teams, providing details of size, scope and financial responsibility.
- Demonstrated development and application of innovative solutions and strategic advice at an executive level.
- Significant experience in leading transformational processes to optimise organisational outcomes.
- Recognised experience in managing and influencing in a complex political environment.
- What do you bring to this role and to the community of Wollongong?
How to apply? Please submit your resume and respond to the Essential Criteria above via our website.
Closing date: 11:59pm on Wednesday 6 October 2021.
Questions? For further information regarding this position please contact Elizabeth Borst Personal Assistant to General Manager on (02) 4227 7761. Enquiries will be kept confidential.
For assistance in submitting the application please contact the Recruitment Team on (02) 4227 7065.