- Be an important part of the community
- Multiple casual positions available
- $35.34 per hour + super (inclusive of casual loading)
About the role
We are seeking passionate and dedicated School Crossing Supervisors to join the Glen Eira family! As a casual School Crossing Supervisor you will be required to operate any one of the 68 crossings within the City of Glen Eira. The crossings operate for 45 minutes Monday to Friday between the hours of:
- 8.00am and 9.00am; and
- 3.00pm and 4.00pm.
To be successful in this role you will have the availability to attend shifts at short notice, have your own reliable vehicle and have the flexibility to work across several locations in the municipality. You will have a positive attitude, great communication skills and a strong focus on the safety of children.
Other requirements include:
- Possess inherent physical requirements for the role
- Ability to communicate clearly with others
- Ability to demonstrate commitment and punctuality
- Good computer literacy skills
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo a police records check, pre-employment medical and Working with Children Check for the purpose of employment.
Working at Glen Eira City Council
The City of Glen Eira is a dynamic municipality located within the south-east metropolitan region of Melbourne, approximately 10 kilometres from the CBD. Council provides a range of services to over 155,000 residents from more than 160 cultural backgrounds and over 16,000 businesses.
Glen Eira City Council is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our 1,600 employees bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible work environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice, we seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create positive local impact.
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate gym memberships
How to apply
Please attach your resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role. Please also address the screening questions which will appear after your application has been submitted.
For further information about the role please contact Sandra Horrigan on 9524 3419 or at email@example.com.
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.