- Develop long term planning policy and controls
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Competitive salary package
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing beautiful natural landscapes, parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
Working as part of a small committed team, you will play a key role in developing long term planning policy and controls applicable throughout the City of Ryde LGA. You will be a subject matter expert in strategic planning issues and regularly represent Council at NSW planning forums, community consultations. Additionally, you will engage and oversee the work of external consultants in developing strategic planning policies and control documents
- Degree level qualifications in Urban/Town Planning with proven experience in strategic and statutory planning
- Strong analytical, problem solving and investigative skills in relation to planning issues, policy development and infrastructure solutions
- Project management experience in relation to developing, co-coordinating and managing planning projects, including the management of consultants
- Sound understanding of integrated planning practices that balance urban design, traffic, ecological and social considerations
Your commencing annual salary will range from $101,179 - $113,826 + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Annual performance review and Award increases
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 22 March 2020 @ 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Lexie Macdonald on (02) 9952 8059 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer