Division: CITY PLANNING DEVELOPMENT & TRANSPORT
Unit: HEALTH & BUILDING
Section: STANDARDS & POLICY
Salary: AUD 107,610 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Term Contract until 12 January 2023
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The City is seeking an experienced Investigator to join our Standards & Policy Team who undertake complex compliance investigations across a range of Health & Building regulatory responsibilities to ensure acceptable planning, environmental and public health outcomes.
In this role you will:
- undertake investigations across multiple disciplines under various pieces of legislation administered by Council
- prepare complex briefs of evidence consistent with legislative requirements and to a high standard necessary for both criminal and civil proceedings
- manage a large caseload within expected time frames with shifting priorities
- work collaboratively with technical staff across a range of disciplines with a diverse level of technical skills and knowledge.
To be successful you will have:
- extensive experience undertaking compliance investigations, conducting investigative interviews, preparing briefs of evidence and initiating enforcement action in a government environment
- experience giving evidence in court proceedings and working in multidisciplinary teams
- qualifications relevant to investigations such as a Diploma of Investigation or similar.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a national criminal record background check and a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Tuesday, 28 January 2020.
For further information contact: Russell Harrison, Investigative Specialist, Health & Building on 02 9265 9915.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.