The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environmental Health professional to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be an effective people and resource manager, with supervisory skills and you will be able to effectively lead and support our Environmental Health Team.
In this dynamic role, your duties will include coordinating the day to day activities of the Team through allocation of work and regularly monitoring and reporting on inspection of targets and investigation timeframes to ensure that individual team goals are met. Your role will also have a strong focus on both field work and providing specialist advice on environmental health matters to internal and external customers of Council, along with assisting and supporting the Senior Coordinator Environmental Health in implementing regulatory programs, projects and strategic development.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an individual with environmental health experience and leadership skills looking to grow and develop further.
- Degree in environmental health or equivalent
- Extensive experience in the field of environmental health and carrying out compliance inspections including investigating complaints
- Well-developed knowledge of environmental health and planning legislation
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and mentor a team of professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience in using office based programs and field based inspection technology
- Current drivers licence
In return we offer you a commencing salary from $101,547 p.a. plus Superannuation (commensurate with your skills and experience), flexible working conditions, and the option to be part of Council's RDO scheme. In addition, we provide future salary increases based on your performance and on-going training & continuous development opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
- Option of a lease back vehicle
- Accrue a rostered day off every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. You do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Interested? If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Ryan Moore on (02) 9952 8063 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Thursday 5 December 2019 at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer