Congratulations, on taking the first step toward joining one of the Bathurst Region's largest employers! Bathurst Regional Council employs over 400 staff and provides a large range of services to our community. Working for Council is a stimulating and rewarding career option, providing the opportunity to be a part of a team contributing to shaping the success and future of our Region.
About our region
Bathurst really is best of both worlds - a beautiful country lifestyle just two and a half hours from Sydney. Bathurst is Australia's oldest inland settlement located just over 200 kilometres west of Sydney on the Macquarie River. The region is conveniently located with effective transport links to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra and there is no shortage of things to see and do if you want to explore or take a lazy Sunday drive.
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council currently has an exciting opportunity available to join the Strategic Planning team as a Senior Strategic Planner. The position of Senior Strategic Planner will undertake strategic planning activities to manage the future growth and change of the Bathurst region, including:
- The preparation and implementation of strategic landuse and planning projects in accordance with relevant statutes, regulations and Council policies.
- The preparation of planning proposals and development controls to ensure Council’s planning controls achieve best practice, excellence in urban design and remain up to date.
- Ongoing review of Council’s developer contribution plans.
- The provision of planning advice to Council and to developers and the public.
- The management of external consultants in the delivery of strategic planning projects.
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- 3 to 5 years town planning experience in the NSW Planning system.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of strategic landuse planning projects and land use planning controls.
- Experience in developer contribution planning.
- Experience in project management and the management of external consultants.
- Demonstrated experience in research, analysis, problem solving and report writing.
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and experience in community engagement.
- A high degree of self-motivation, initiative and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment, including a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
This position also comes with the option of a leaseback vehicle.
Contact Officer: Janet Bingham - 02 6333 6213
Hours of work: 35 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 24 November 2019 at 11.59pm
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.