- Exciting major development focus
- Competitive salary range of $92,314 - $117,082 + super + leaseback vehicle
- Flexible working conditions including a RDO every 3rd week
Centrally located only 12kms from the Sydney CBD, the City of Ryde is home to major commercial and residential centres, a diverse range of neighbourhoods and town centres, extensive national parks and waterways.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Town Planner within our Major Development team.
In this role, your focus will be primarily on the assessment of major development in the Ryde local government area (with particular emphasis on Macquarie Park and town centres).
You will be a member of a dedicated and enthusiastic team of senior town planners and have experience in presenting applications to a local planning panel, a regional planning panel, as well as defending appeals in the NSW Land and Environment Court. You will also provide expert advice to both internal and external customers and stakeholders. Because of the strong emphasis on major development, you will have a demonstrated ability to successfully project manage complex applications within a timely and professional manner.
You will be an experienced senior level Town Planner looking for interesting challenges in a dynamic environment. You will have a diverse professional background in planning, focusing on major level development.
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning or equivalent
- Extensive demonstrable experience as a Town Planner
- Demonstrated practical experience in dealing with local and state government planning legislation, including Voluntary Planning Agreements and Section 7.11 contributions
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (including report writing and conflict resolution)
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with ability to undertake a range of tasks and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Practical experience and exposure to Local, Regional Planning Panels and the Land and Environment Court
- Current NSW Class C Driver's Licence
Benefits of joining the Ryde team
This is an excellent opportunity to gain a permanent, full time position with a highly regarded council that has a workplace environment which is both welcoming and professional. Conditions include an attractive vehicle lease-back option, modern offices at North Ryde, flexible working arrangements which can include a rostered day off each 3rd week and on-going training and development opportunities.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Interested, like to know more? Please see the Position Description or call Sandra Bailey on (02) 9952 8209 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Sunday 17 November 2019 at 11:30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer