- Permanent full time position
- Career building opportunity
- Work as part of a specialist engineering team
Centrally located only 12 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, the City of Ryde is home to major commercial and residential centres, a diverse range of neighbourhood and town centres, extensive national parks and waterways.
Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Civil or Environmental Engineer experienced in stormwater drainage systems to join our Civil Infrastructure and Integration team. Working as part of a small, professional engineering team you will support the Senior Coordinator and the wider team in the sustainable management of Council's stormwater drainage network and natural waterways. You will contribute to the planning and implementation of flood mitigation, drainage renewal and water quality treatment projects across the Ryde Local Government Area. You will also undertake assessment of local development proposals on flood prone lands, review hydrologic and hydraulic models and provide technical advice to ensure compliance with Council's relevant policies, technical standards and the NSW Floodplain Development manual.
This is an outstanding opportunity for you to use your knowledge and experience of stormwater management systems while gaining exposure to other infrastructure engineering roles within the City Works directorate.
A competitive salary from $81,439 up to $95,012 plus super and CLA is negotiable depending on skills and experience.
- Be a qualified Civil or Environmental Engineer with a degree recognised by Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated experience in the design and management of stormwater drainage networks
- Strong all-round computer skills with experience using DRAINS or similar hydraulic modelling tools
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with experience negotiating with community groups and various infrastructure stakeholders
- Experience in researching technical subjects and providing written reports to support decision-making
- Current drivers' licence
Experience in Local Government, while not essential, will be well regarded. If further information is required, please call Charles Mahfoud on 9952 8445 for a confidential discussion or see the Position Description.
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 10 November 2019