Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The City is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
Why Work for Shoalhaven City Council?
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous leave entitlements
- Long service leave after 5 years
- Flexitime for indoor staff
- Fitness passport
- Novated lease arrangements
- Discounted private health insurance
- Training and development programs
About the role
We are seeking a tertiary qualified or near qualified Strategic Planner, with relevant experience to join our Strategic Planning team. The successful applicant will undertake and be involved in a range of strategic planning functions. The role will provide an opportunity to undertake duties in Strategy Planning, Policy Planning and Local Planning.
- Salary: $70,153 - $96,324 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 hrs per week with access to flextime
- Relocation Assistance of up to $3,000
This position offers a fantastic career development opportunity for the successful applicant, as grade progression may take place (from Grade 9 to Grade 11), subject to increased responsibilities, skills and competencies being met.
What will you be doing?
The focus of this position is to:
- Assist the relevant Team Coordinator – Strategy Planning, Policy Planning or Local Planning in the delivery of Councils business objectives.
- Preparation of strategic planning (including structure plans, settlement strategies, environmental studies, local environmental plans, development control plans, contribution plans, urban design plans and other policy documents).
- Review and prepare submissions to government agency initiatives, policies or legislation.
- Engage and liaise with the community and internal/external stakeholders on strategic planning enquiries and projects.
What we are looking for?
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Completion, or near completion, of recognised tertiary qualifications in a field such as urban and regional or town planning (or related tertiary qualifications), providing eligibility for corporate membership of the Planning Institute of Australia
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant environmental planning legislation and ability to interpret legislation such as the Environmental Act 1979
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Class C Drivers Licence
How to Apply
You are not required to address all selection criteria outlined in the Job Description. You will be required to upload a brief cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and a resume.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions and questions regarding general information about you. The position related questions you are required to address are shown below.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- What are your areas of interest within strategic planning (policy, strategy, centers etc..)?
- Please provide details of a large strategic planning project you have worked on. What were the challenges you faced? What would you have done differently?
- Demonstrate your experience in communicating with external stakeholders.
Contact: Gordan Clark – (02) 4429 3355 or Eric Hollinger (02) 4429 3320
Applications Close: Tuesday, 22 October 2019 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email