- Develop and implement Community strategies
- Hands-on role with real community impact
- Career & lifestyle balance including rostered days off
The City of Ryde is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks, scenic waterways, and areas of historical significance, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney. There is an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Social Planner to strategically plan and deliver social planning and capacity building initiatives that align with the Council's overall future objectives.
This position will contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of community strategies, policies and plans. You will also ensure that community planning strategies and actions achieve a high level of commitment from internal and external stakeholders and are effectively translated into implementation across the organisation. Using your experience and relationship building skills, you will lead and manage strategic projects and processes in collaboration with multidisciplinary project teams and partnerships with key not for profit, business and government stakeholders. This position is also responsible for the effective implementation of the City of Ryde Community Grants Program.
To be considered for this position, you will require the following:
- Qualifications in Social Planning, Social Sciences or related field and/or significant demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge and experience in social planning and community development principles and practices
- Proven ability to assess and interpret information to formulate recommendations and provide specialist advice
- Proven experience in applying/managing best practice principles
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to build positive collaborative relationships and consult, negotiate and communicate with various stakeholders
With a salary range from $83,452.14 - $95,969.96 p.a. plus superannuation and a rostered day off every third week, this role provides you with career satisfaction and lifestyle benefits. So if you possess a "can-do" attitude and you are interested in working with the community don't delay, apply today!
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. You do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Interested? If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Lindsay Godfrey on (02) 9952 8384 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Monday 7 October 2019 @ 11:30pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer