- Lead, develop and motivate staff
- Hands-on role with real community impact
- Career & lifestyle balance including rostered days off
The City of Ryde is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks, scenic waterways, and areas of historical significance, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join the Community & Ranger Services Department. In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for managing the functions of Council's 28 community and cultural facilities. This position leads a small professional team in providing a high level of customer service to the community and ensures that the community facilities are accessible, well-presented and maintained to a high standard. You will also play a critical role in the future planning, design and delivery of Council's community and cultural facilities and capital works program including implementation of the City of Ryde Halls & Facilities Strategy and the Social and Cultural Infrastructure Framework.
To be considered for this position, you will require the following:
- Qualifications in facilities management or a related field and/or significant experience and demonstrated ability in facility management
- Comprehensive understanding of the role of community facilities in achieving Council's strategic social and community outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, lead, motivate and develop staff with an established track record of leading multidisciplinary and cross functional teams.
- High level interpersonal skills with proven skills in negotiation and resolution and group facilitation in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Excellent written communication skills with proven ability to prepare reports and presentations to Senior Management.
- Commitment to customer service and systems/quality improvement
With a salary range from $92,315.70 - $106,163.06 p.a. plus superannuation and a rostered day off every third week, this role provides you with career satisfaction and lifestyle benefits. So if you possess a "can-do" attitude, excellent customer service and organisational skills, and you are interested in working with the community don't delay, apply today!
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. You do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Interested? If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Lindsay Godfrey on (02) 9952 8384 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Monday 7 October 2019 @ 11:30pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer