- Public facing role
- Provide specialist advice on Planning, Development and Building matters
- Competitive salary
The City of Ryde is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks, scenic waterways, and areas of historical significance, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
Are you a qualified town planner, building professional and/or a development application specialist looking for your next career move? The City of Ryde Council is looking for an energetic and motivated Client Manager to join our Building and Development Advisory Service team. Ryde is a city on the move with major commercial and residential developments underway in many parts of our area.
As a building and development advisory specialist, you will provide expert advice on building and development proposals and enquiries for both small and large scale projects from a diverse range of clients and stakeholders at our Customer Service Centre facility located within the Top Ryde Shopping Centre.
You will facilitate and attend both formal and informal pre DA meetings as well as Urban Design Review Panel (design Excellence) Panel meetings.
You will prepare and deliver presentations to Council as well as community, industry groups and forums on the relevant planning controls, approval process, changes to regulations, policies and similar.
Your blend of strong technical and excellent customer service skills will enable you to work collaboratively with a wide range of community clients and industry professionals.
If you enjoy being part of a front end development assessment service and have experience preparing and/or assessing DA's this could be your next exciting career move.
- Degree level qualifications in town planning, building, architecture, or similar discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to converse confidently and professionally with a range of clients including members of the public
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of environmental standards, development control, urban planning/building surveying
- Sound knowledge of Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and the Building Code of Australia
- Solid understanding of the development application process and experience in preparing and assessing development applications.
With a salary up to $115,000 p.a (depending on your experience/qualifications) plus 9.5% super, flexible work conditions including an option to enter into an RDO system, this is a career opportunity not to be missed.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the questions shown, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria. Please note, you do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Vince Galletto on (02) 9952 8233 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 22 September 2019 at 11.30pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer