Officer - Lands Protection
Remuneration: Level 5 - $78,024 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 25 August 2019 at 5pm AEST.
No late applications will be accepted without prior approval. Only applications received via council's online application system will be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity for the natural resources management professional to join Council's Lands Protection team. The purpose of this diverse role will be to assist the Land Protection branch of Council's Planning and Development Directorate to achieve and maintain sustainable land use through the management and control of invasive plants and animals under Queensland's Biosecurity Act 2014.
What we are looking for?
Council is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to offer a solutions-based approach to lands protection management, along with an enthusiastic attitude and a high level of understanding of complex pest management control processes. As an Officer - Lands Protection, you could expect to be involved with responsibilities such as:
- Assisting with the development and review of land protection operational plans
- Providing specialist advice to stakeholders on invasive plant and animal management
- Monitoring of declared pests, including inspections and control techniques
- Undertake compliance and enforcement actions under provisions of the Biosecurity Act 2014
To be successful, candidates will require:
- A Degree or Diploma qualification in the field of Natural Resource Management or plant and animal biology or a similar field, or, significant demonstrated experience with land protection/pest management matters.
- Demonstrated practical experience in plant and animal ecology, identification, their environmental impacts and associated control techniques and practices.
- Demonstrated and effective conflict resolution skills.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills to facilitate effective communication and education of stakeholders and land owners.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work alone remotely and safely
- Demonstrated knowledge of Queensland's Biosecurity Act 2014 and applicable enforcement regulations
- An ability to work alone (at times remotely) safely and efficiently.
The following will be highly regarded:
- Sound knowledge and/or experience in investigations, enforcement and compliance activities within government organisations
- Possession of an ACDC Commercial Operators Licence.
- Advanced 4WD and recovery skills.
How to applyPlease visit www.gympie.qld.gov.au and click on the Jobs at Council link, then click on the corresponding job ad to view the details and apply online.