We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Newcastle.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, versatile and progressive leader in the engineering field to put their mark on the future of our communities' infrastructure services and to deliver on projects to service the needs of our local community now and into the future. Leading the newly shaped Infrastructure division, and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), your focus will be on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and building our strategic management capabilities.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Exceptional strategic thinking to be able to deliver long term strategic plans and masterplans for the Dubbo Region.
- An ability to act as the primary contact between Chief Executive Officer, Councilor's and other Divisions of Council to provide engineering and general advice to the Council on delivering infrastructure services within the local government area.
- Extensive senior leadership experience within a complex service environment and the ability to deliver outcomes to meet business, finacial and stakeholder objectives.
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team at a senior level and working collaboratively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to provide strong leadership within the new infrastructure division (over 200 employees) and also able to lead significant organisational and cultural change initiatives as part of the Executive Leadership Team.
We are looking for a dynamic professional who is passionate about driving change and forming positive, collaborative and customer-focused relationships. You will have the ability to think strategically, establish effective partnerships and have leadership capabilities to deliver cost effective projects through your teams.
With extensive senior leadership experience you will have a track record in delivering outcomes in an environment that is focused on performance and continuous improvement.What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including a leaseback vehicle, 10 Manager leave days in addition to 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers learning and development opportunities and have an active social club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary: An attractive Remuneration Package is on offer under a five year fixed term contract.
Closing Date: 9:00am on Monday 5 August 2019
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Maria Crisante, Executive Manager People, Culture & Safety
on 02 6801 4730 or 0408 652 295.
Interview: It is anticipated that interviews for this position will be held on Monday 19 August 2019.