- Salary from $89,293 - $102,633 p.a plus super
- 9 day fortnight - healthy work/life balance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Excellent Harbourside location
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Team Leader Governance & Access to Information to join the Governance & Council Support team at Woollahra Municipal Council on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Manager Governance & Council Support you will be responsible for undertaking various tasks including:
- Coordination of business papers and processing access to information applications
- Supervising the program of legislative compliance and statutory obligations including the day to day operations of the Governance team; and
- Assisting with Governance projects
As Team Leader you will lead a committed and capable small team responsible to ensuring the good governance of the Council and Committee meetings and its operations of day to day tasks are delivered. You will oversee the compliance with the GIPA Act and Local Government Act 1993, the delivery, preparation and distribution of the agenda and minutes for various meetings and processing GIPA applications to name a few.
Working closely with the Manager Governance & Council Support, you will act as a subject matter expert on various governance issues to provide professional advice and problem solving to staff, customers and the community.
To be successful in this role you will bring relevant experience in this area, with a good understanding of governance in business and legislation, and preferably in Local Government. You will possess outstanding communication skills, strong attention to detail and support a small team.
In return, you will be welcomed by a collaborative team of capable professionals, gain opportunities for training and development and enjoy coming to work in one of Sydney's most impressive harbour side locations.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. Business Administration) and/or experience in a related field.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in governance, with experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisation and administration skills, coupled with experience in drafting reports, policies and correspondence
- Experience in effectively leading and supervising a small team to deliver excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in identifying and implement opportunities for improvement to governance processes and systems
- Well-developed rapport, liaison and relationship building skills and confidence to assist management and staff on various local government matters (i.e. Code of Conduct, Code of Meeting Practice etc.)
- Ability to provide advice on governance matters to management (including the General Manager, Directors and Managers)
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation, policies and manuals including the Local Government Act 1993, Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and Privacy & Personal Information Protection Act 1998
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety practices, the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice and multi-cultural diversity
- Experience in Local Government and/or knowledge of Local Government related legislation
- Experience in the use of a business paper system (e.g. InfoCouncil) and HPE electronic document management record system
- NSW Drivers’ Licence
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Helen Tola, Manager Governance and Council Support on 9391 7012 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 15 April 2019
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication