Wollongong City Council offers not only jobs but careers. If you are looking for a career with a variety of opportunities, the chance to make a difference and add value to the community, we have a lot to offer!
Arborist – Public Tree Management
Permanent | Full Time
Salary from $78,889.79 up to $88,868.51 per annum plus superannuation and an operational vehicle under leaseback arrangement
Recruitment No 19039
Are you a passionate Arborist with the commitment required to help us create an extraordinary Wollongong?
Our Arborists Public Tree Management play a key role in maintaining the City’s green canopy, and the planning, co-ordination and delivery of the actions identified within Council’s Urban Greening Strategy. In addition, these positions will be required to provide technical advice on issues relating to public trees, undertaking inspections and scheduling priority tree work, and work within a team to plan and deliver street tree planting and tree maintenance programs, development of technical guidelines and a tree asset inventory.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have experience and knowledge in urban horticulture service delivery;
- have strong communication skills and be customer focused;
- demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety leadership; and
- demonstrated project and contract management skills.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include permanent, part-time or temporary roles.
Benefits of working at Wollongong Council:
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We encourage personal and professional growth,
- We understand the importance of work/life balance,
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change.
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all.
- We offer flexible work arrangements + 35 hour working week.
- We offer a varied lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
How to Apply
For this role, you are required to address the selection criteria in a separate written document and attach to your application.
Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
For further information regarding this position contact Paul Tracey, Parks and Open Space Manager (Acting) on (02) 4227 8560 or access the information pack via our website.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close at 12 midday on Monday 29 April 2019
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.