- Help manage the restoration of Councils public infrastructure
- Leaseback vehicle
- Excellent working conditions including RDO scheme
In this unique and interesting customer facing position, your primary responsibility will be to investigate and report on the activities of external parties undertaking works on our roads and footpaths. You'll also be responsible for liaising with property owners, internal clients and Councillor requests.
Using your knowledge of civil construction and maintenance, you will develop solutions to issues to enable our Operations staff to carry out the required/agreed maintenance works. As part of your role, you will supervise contractors carrying out minor projects as required and implement necessary work on infrastructure assets (mainly laybacks, driveways, kerb & gutter and footpaths). You will also inspect Council's public infrastructure for information on condition, and assist in the preparation and updating of reports and asset management plans including the data management.
- Certificate Level 3 in Civil Construction or equivalent
- Current drivers' license
- Accreditation in Traffic Control Plan design and implementation (level 2)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in civil construction and maintenance, including supervision and administration of contracts for works
- Knowledge of the WHS Act, environmental regulations and the RMS requirements
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Problem solving approach
- Sound level of PC skills (to enable training in TRIM, Merit and similar)
Your commencing salary will be in the range $69,921 to $80,410 p.a. + superannuation + leaseback vehicle, subject to your experience and qualifications. Conditions include flexible working hours with the option of a rostered day off each 3rd week and on-going training and career development.
Interested, like to know more? Please see the Position Description or call Stephen Ellul on (02) 9952 8003 for a confidential discussion.
How to apply - Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line application questions, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Tuesday 23 April 2019 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer