Salary: $1531.00 - $1754.80 pw + super + CLA
Come join an organisation with endless opportunities, where people choose to work because they are inspired by the chance to shape, influence and grow a community.
Are you looking to use your knowledge and experience in civil engineering to make a difference in the community? As our Senior Design Engineer, you will undertake investigations and surveys to develop complex road and drainage designs for our rapidly expanding LGA. You will be an integral member of a collaborative team, working with multiple projects to defined timelines.
Don’t miss out on being part of something great by joining an evolving, rapidly growing, adaptive and innovative organisation.
What We Offer
We are committed to offering and supporting development and employment opportunities to help people excel and build a lasting career. We offer generous learning and development opportunities as well as flexi time, access to employee benefits and education assistance.
We promote diversity in the workplace and have a culture that is inclusive, respectful and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all people.
As the community continues to grow, this opportunity will allow you to grow with it!
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering
- Experience in the investigation, survey, design and estimation of engineering projects. In particular; road, drainage, traffic, stormwater and environmental works,
- Detailed understanding of contemporary engineering and environmental works; in particular Water Sensitive Urban Design,
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and achieve outcomes within budget and to defined time lines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Proficient in the use of Computer Aided Design programs and related software packages (Camden Council uses AutoCAD C3D & Advanced Road Design),
- Proficient in using stormwater quality and quantity design software,
- Strong customer/community service focus,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to relate well to internal and external clients and the ability to write analytical and logical reports drawing justified conclusions and strong negotiation skills
- Experience in surveying using modern surveying instruments and technologies including GPS,
- Experience in computer aided vehicle turn path evaluation,
- Experience in the use of WaterRide Flood Manager,
- Understanding of Local Government operations, processes and administrative procedures.
How to Apply: For the above position visit our website www.camden.nsw.gov.au for a Job Description and full details
Closing Date for above position: 22 April 2019
Further Information: Dick Webb, Manager Assets & Design Services on 4645 5152