- Permanent position
- Career & lifestyle balance
- Attractive conditions including lease-back vehicle option
With an area that encompasses the Macquarie Park Business Precinct, Macquarie University, and 4 major retail centres, The City of Ryde is a dynamic, vibrant local government area located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environmental Health Officer to join our Health, Building, and Environment department based at North Ryde.
- A degree in Environmental Health or similar qualification
- Sound working knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Local Government Act, Protection of the Environment Operations Act, Food Act, Public Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Proven experience in carrying out routine compliance inspections of facilities such as food premises, hair and beauty salons, skin penetration premises, public swimming pools and cooling water systems
- Experience investigating complaints concerning public health risks, pollution incidents and similar issues
- Sound judgement with ability to determine appropriate enforcement options (warnings, notices and orders, penalty notices, legal proceedings) and use them to achieve compliance with legislation
- Well-developed written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Current driver's license
In return for your experience, positive approach, and teamwork skills, we can offer you a commencing salary negotiable from $79,452 to $94,586 p.a. (subject to your qualifications and experience), plus Superannuation, with opportunities for annual performance based salary progression, on-going training and development and a friendly team environment in modern offices at North Ryde.
An attractive vehicle lease-back option is also available and working conditions include an optional RDO each 3rd week.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without logging-out of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If further information is required, please view the Position Description or call Craig Redfern on (02) 9952 8273 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 28 April 2019 at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer