Be passionate. Be progressive. Hawkesbury City Council.
• Salary negotiable dependent on skills and experience
• 6 Month Term Contract + possible extension of a further 6 Months
Do you have extensive experience in Town Planning/City Planning at a senior level?
Reporting to the Director City Planning Director, as the Executive Planner – Special Projects, you will work to develop, implement and lead business improvement projects and initiatives in the City Planning Directorate.
Further to this you will assist the General Manager and the Director City Planning by:
• acting as an independent reviewer of complaints and current practices to identify opportunities to improve service delivery.
• Analysing and researching complex issues and problems to identify options and make recommendations for endorsement.
You must have:
• Degree in Town Planning or a related discipline
• High level anayltical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, with the capacity to inspire and support continuous improvement initiatives, including through the development and delivery of business improvement projects.
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in the application and interpretation of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, Local Government Act 1993, and the Protection of the Environment Operations Act,1997.
• Extensive experience working in local government in a town planning, development assessment or reguatory role.
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills and experience. The position is offered as a term contract for an initial period of six months. Depending on the completion of projects an extension of a further six months may be offered.
For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or if you do not have access to our website call the Human Resources Coordinator at 02 4560 4444.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 28 April 2019
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Please note that the canvassing of Councillors in relation to these matters will automatically disqualify the applicant from this process.