$76,416 - $83,055 approx. (incl. super and allowances)
City of Darwin is a major employer in Darwin employing approximately 350 employees. It operates from the Civic Centre in Harry Chan Avenue, four public libraries and service depots in the northern suburbs and in Bishop Street. Our organisational values are customer service, accountability, respect, excellence and solidarity (CARES) and these values are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community.
City of Darwin in search for a highly motivated, technically strong Finance Officer to join our well established Finance Team.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist with the management of Council's investments and liquidity, administrative duties relating to Councils banking and investment accounts
- Liaise with Budget Managers in monitoring their budgets and ensuring projects are in line with Council business plans
- Review transactions for correct coding
- Preparation and entering of journals and assist in maintaining the General Ledger
- Assist with preparation of financial and budget reports to Management as required
- Ensure monthly financial reports to management are timely and accurate
- Prepare timely and accurate month end reconciliations.
- Assist in processing of payments and direct debts in banking software
- Maintain and update Purchasing limits and delegations register in line with Council Policy
- Preparation of daily bank reconciliation for General & Trust Accounts. Ensure all entries on the bank statement are accounted for, and follow up for completeness in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Grants register and ensure Grant acquittals are prepared and sent as required.
- Certificate or Diploma in accounting or related studies and/or a minimum two (2) years' experience in finance, accounting or bookkeeping role.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook at intermediate level, coupled with a high attention to detail and data entry skills.
- Demonstrated sound verbal and written communication skills including the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated time management, planning and organisational skills to achieve tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and exercise initiative within established procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of computerised accounting systems including spreadsheets (experience in Civica authority may be an advantage).
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Police Clearance.
Applications close 5pm Monday 22 April 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Irene Frazis on 08 8930 0654.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available from https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer