Wollongong City Council offers not only jobs but careers. If you are looking for a career with a variety of opportunities, the chance to make a difference and add value to the community, we have a lot to offer!
Learning and Development Officer
Permanent | Full Time
Salary from $1,283.81 to $1,467.88 per week plus superannuation
(Depending upon qualifications and experience)
Recruitment No 19036
Are you a natural born organiser with a strong attention to detail?
The Learning and Development Officer plays a key support role in the coordination of efficient and professional learning and development services within Council including administration, scheduling, implementation and record keeping functions related to staff training and development.
This is a full time position where you will be working in a close-knit team to deliver responsive and customer focused services to a range of stakeholders within the organisation
- Working closely with the Coordinator Learning and Capability and the WHS team to determine, track and respond to WHS and other training needs and compliance requirements.
- Working with divisions and training providers to arrange dates, locations, catering, resources and schedules.
- Coordinating training attendance for individuals and/or groups including promoting courses, booking participants into training and following up on attendance and communication.
- Providing induction and orientation sessions to new starters
- Developing PowerPoint presentations and information resources to support organisational learning
- Record keeping including monitoring licence and compliance requirements, updating licences and qualifications and following up on training attendance.
- Creating purchase orders and payment of invoices, monitoring expenditure and where appropriate undertaking procurement of providers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a people person who can communicate with others at all levels of the organisation
- Has exceptional organisational skills and can is persist in a time-sensitive working environment
- Is a flexible thinker and can adapt easily to changing priorities and a dynamic work environment
- Has exceptional accuracy and attention to detail, with an ability to multitask and manage competing demands
- Has strong analytical skills, an ability to gather information from a range of sources and make sense of all the data
- Can work autonomously as well as take direction, with the ability to deliver high quality agreed-upon outcomes
- Has good computer skills
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time or temporary relief list roles.
Benefits of working at Wollongong Council:
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We encourage personal and professional growth,
- We understand the importance of work/life balance,
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change.
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all.
- We offer flexible work arrangements + 35 hour working week.
- We offer a varied lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
How to Apply
For this role, you are required to address the selection criteria in a separate written document and attach to your application.
Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
For further information regarding this position contact Rose Grozdanic, Coordinator Learning and Capability on (02) 4227 7116 or access the information pack via our website.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close at 12 midday on Monday 29 April 2019
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.