Wollongong City Council offers not only jobs but careers. If you are looking for a career with a variety of opportunities, the chance to make a difference and add value to the community, we have a lot to offer!
Permanent | Full Time
Salary from $81,273 up to $106,252 per annum plus superannuation
Recruitment No 19035
Are you a passionate, professional leader with the commitment required to help us create an extraordinary Wollongong?
Our Parks Coordinator plays a key role in supporting a quality lifestyle for our community, leading our Parks and Open Space teams in the delivery of well-maintained public facilities including parks, reserves, sports fields, streetscapes, beaches and the City’s foreshore area. In addition, Council is currently embarking on an ambitious urban greening program to increase tree canopy cover across the entire City, and the Parks Coordinator is a key role in ensuring this program achieves its intended canopy cover targets to benefit the community.
To be successful in this role you will:
• have experience and knowledge in Parks and Open Space service delivery;
• demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills;
• have strong communication skills and be customer focused;
• demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety leadership;
• demonstrated project management skills and knowledge of cyclic maintenance programming
• demonstrate your ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, and follow-through within a fast-paced environment
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part-time or temporary roles.
Benefits of working at Wollongong Council:
• We support and encourage study and career development
• We encourage personal and professional growth,
• We understand the importance of work/life balance,
• We recognise and reward performance and embrace change.
• We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all.
• We offer flexible work arrangements + 35 hour working week.
• We offer a varied lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
How to Apply
For this role, you are required to address the selection criteria in a separate written document and attach to your application. Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
For further information regarding this position contact Paul Tracey, Parks and Open Space Manager (Acting) on (02) 4227 8560 or access the information pack via our website
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close at 12 midday on Monday 29 April 2019
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.