THE POSITION: This exciting new position in the Children and Family Services Division has oversight for both Business Support and Business Development. This includes business support coordination that focuses on change management, quality management and efficient service delivery across a diverse number of branches. It involves working with the Manager to develop business growth opportunities to ensure Council remains a competitive service provider. A primary focus of this diverse role is to provide advice and analysis to improve the business enterprise operations.
- Tertiary qualifications in business management, commerce or change management (e.g. Diploma in Business Management or equivalent).
- Extensive experience in business development and business analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, leading and developing team members with proven capacity to play a leadership role in the delivery of business support and the ability to influence cultural change.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the business needs of a multi-site division ensuring consistent delivery of business and operational support requirements.
- Extensive experience in process mapping to identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements to practice and implement new policies, procedures and processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in policy and procedure formulation.
- Demonstrated high level project management skills and experience including financial and human resources management and the capacity to manage multiple projects and deliver effective outcomes on time and on budget (minimum of 5 years’ experience).
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring of and compliance with legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WH&S and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), and/or previous involvement in working for a registered NDIS provider.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of State and Federal Government legislation and policies relating to the provision of early education and care services, including Family Assistance Law and government funding.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 35 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 7, salary range is from $ 86,846 p.a. with performance progression to $101,730 p.a. on demonstrated competencies
- Flexible working hours are available
- A mobile telephone is provided.
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Laura Sportelli, Manager, Children and Family Services, on 9725 0185.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, 3rd February, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must provide a detailed response to the Selection Criteria - Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description which is available on Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860