The City of Canada Bay is a thriving, colourful community, surrounded by the beautiful bays of Sydney Harbour. The area is also known for its parklands, cycle paths and walkways.
Desktop & Customer Support Officer
Job No. CB17292
$63,420.93 - $72,934.07 per annum + super
Permanent, Full-Time - 35 hours per week
Participation in Council's 9 day fortnight scheme
Looking to kick start your career in IT? We are currently seeking a motivated Desktop & Customer Support Officer to join the Information Systems Team here at Canada Bay Council.
About the Role:
- You will be the first point of contact for telephone-based and face-to-face first level support and training to all Council staff, sites and Councillors on Council’s desktop applications and general infrastructure.
- You will be required to monitor the Information Systems Helpdesk ticket queues and ensure adherence to the agreed services levels.
- Ensure that operational maintenance tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience working within a Microsoft desktop/server and VMWare environment is desirable
- Well-developed customer service skills
- You are a team player, but able to work autonomously as well
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with various stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- Although not essential, experience in working in a political environment coupled with an understanding of the business of local government would be an advantage.
Closing date: Sunday, 20 January 2019 at 11:30pm
For further information on this position please contact Matthew Starr, Senior Systems Administrator on 9911 6572.
The City of Canada Bay Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to a safe workplace.