- Permanent position
- Sydney CBD location
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) monthly
- Salary package including superannuation $101,378 to $111,903
We’re looking for a skilled and motivated Policy Officer to provide advice and support to councils on social and community policy issues and develop evidence-based policy positions to advance the interests of local government and communities in NSW.
Local Government NSW (LGNSW) is the peak body for councils and related organisations in our State. LGNSW advocates on behalf of members and their communities on policy to decision makers at state and federal levels. We provide a comprehensive range of services including industrial relations representation, management services and training.
The Policy Officer will research, develop and implement policies and strategies in consultation with stakeholders in the best interests of LGNSW and its members with the approval of the Executive and Board. The position will provide advice, information, capacity building, advocacy and other support to councils on emerging and ongoing policy issues and develop LGNSW’s position on these issues. The Policy Officer will also assist in managing the annual process in which LGNSW’s members develop and consider conference motions.
You will have demonstrated experience in providing advice to guide delivery of consistent and effective high-quality policy outcomes. You will have a track record of maintaining detailed knowledge of the subject area to identify and respond to issues within policy framework. Your strengths will be your ability to liaise with stakeholders effectively, to ensure policy positions are coordinated, aligned to member feedback and consistent with LGNSW’s position. You will be positive, results-driven and understand the key role of policy in a member organisation.
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Degree in relevant discipline or relevant experience
- Demonstrated skills in undertaking research
- Good understanding of the role of Australian, NSW and local governments
- Ability to meet deadlines and the flexibility to meet changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level written and oral communication skills.
How to apply
For more information and to obtain the position description and essential requirements, visit http://www.lgnsw.org.au/about-us/lgnsw-positions-vacant
Applications should include:
- a covering letter which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to the position accountabilities and essential requirements detailed in the position description (2 pages max)
- an up-to-date resume
Please send applications to email@example.com. Please contact Damian Thomas on 02 9242 4063 if you have any enquiries.
Applications close Friday, 18 January 2019.