Not only is Camden the fastest growing LGA in NSW, it is also one of the most exciting and evolving organisations to work for, particularly if you are looking for a challenging and strategically focussed career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment.
Be a part of shaping new places and building new communities.
Manager Strategic Planning
The position currently has responsibilities for the specific outcomes and the functional responsibilities of:
- Strategic Planning – Land Use and Growth Centres
- LEP Review
To be successful you will need a successful track record in management, the ability to lead and motivate a team of professionals to deliver a variety of programs, appropriate qualifications and experience and the ability to demonstrate a broad understanding of the provision of contemporary services and facilities to an astute and growing population.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field and/or extensive demonstrated experience in Strategic Planning
- Demonstrated people management skills with the ability to lead, manage and motivate multidisciplinary teams with a commitment to high standards of performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of Strategic Planning, including strategic and land use planning within a growth area and developer contributions.
- Proven ability to understand and assess complex technical issues, and write clear, concise reports that provide recommendations based on assessment
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing annual budgets, proven high level project planning skills, ability to maintain and control expenditure within a budget and deliver projects on time.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with and deliver agreed outcomes on behalf of internal and external customers
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and demonstrated experience in dealing with community members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Extensive experience in planning and work review, process improvement and quality with a strong focus on strategic outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WHS and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
- Post graduate qualifications in management
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of the Local Government environment
An attractive salary package commensurate with this senior position will be offered to the successful applicant.
Further Information: Nicole Magurren, Director Planning and Environment on 4654 7721
Closing Date: 21 January 2019
How to Apply: For the above positions visit our website www.camden.nsw.gov.au for a Job Description and full details