Fairfield City Council is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to manage daily operations of the facilities within the Leisure Centre, including the day to day supervision of lifeguard services, to ensure the health and safety of patrons
THE POSITION: The purpose of the position is to ensure that the Centres run smoothly and effectively while ensuring they are well maintained, safe, clean and operational. The Facility Supervisor is expected to manage pool surveillance, co-ordinate works/contractors, develop and implement operating procedures, ensure operational compliance with policies and statutory requirements along with supervision and training of staff.
- Leadership experience within Aquatic Facilities.
- Industry knowledge with at least 5 years’ experience in facility management, Assistant Manager or similar level.
- RLS Pool Operations certificate or RLS Technical Operations
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Comprehensive experience in the delivery of quality Customer Service.
- Advanced communication (written and oral) skills, with the ability to negotiate desired outcomes and influence behaviour.
- Occupational First Aid Certificate
- Front Line Management, TAFE Supervisory certificate or equivalent
- Cert III in Aquatic & Community Recreation
Full details of the position are supplied in the Position Description.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 76 hours per fortnight between 5am to 11pm Monday to Sunday. Commencing and finishing times will be flexible and depend on operational needs.
- This position is a Grade 4, with a commencement salary of $64,397p.a. being offered.
- A uniform is provided.
- A mobile telephone is provided.
This position has been identified as ‘child related employment’ under the Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998.
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Ben Howarth on 0428818722 or email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Applications close 11.00pm, Sunday 20th of January 2018.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860