The Access to Information Co-ordinator is responsible for managing Council’s access to information function in accordance with legislative obligations such as, Government Information (Public Access) Act.
The position will ensure:
- all access to information requests and reporting obligations are processed within the set timeframes,
- provide advice on access to information requests including Subpoenas, privacy and copyright,
- facilitate the development of policies and procedures relevant to the function including Privacy Management Plan, and
- provide staff awareness and training on the provision of access to information.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Substantial experience in processing formal GIPA applications
- Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including sound conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies and procedures in accordance with legislative requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience or knowledge in the structure and various functions of local government
- Formal training in the statutory requirements of the various legislation relevant to this position
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Experience in using corporate records management systems eg. Objective
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 6, salary range is $79,050 p.a. with progression to $85,128 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $ 92,597 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available.
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position or a position description is available by contacting Sonja Drca, Manager Governance and Legal on 9725 0226.
CLOSING DATE: 4.30pm Friday 18 January 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply
online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860