Local Government Professionals Tasmania is seeking a part-time Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to deliver on its strategic objectives.
LG Professionals Tasmania is the peak body for professionals working in Local Government in Tasmania. We are the member association and leading voice for Local Government professionals across the state providing our members with high quality professional development activities and networking opportunities.
The role is hands on and reports to the Board of Management.You will be responsible for ensuring that strategic objectives are delivered on, budgets maintained, events organised and members engaged. You will be required to organise functions and events as well as maintain budgets to receive a positive surplus and maintain an online presence through web, social media and email.
The role is part-time 3 days per week with the location to be based in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport or Burnie. Salary will be commensurate with experience but in the range of $70,000-$80,000 pro-rata.
Ideally you will possess skills in the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and event management for both large and small-scale events
- Comprehensive Microsoft Office skill set and the ability to use effectively use WordPress and social media
- Proven experience in building and maintaining positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience in the leadership and operational management of an organisation or professional association
- Experience working in (or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of) local government
Queries about the position can be directed to Gary Arnold, President, LG Professionals Tasmania by phoning 6211 8274.
Applications close Friday 18 January 2018 at 5pm and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.